Friday, August 14, 2009

The Plunge

A plunge in cold water.
Into a lake of memories.
Yes, that is what thinking about you feels like.
I hold my breath, steady myself.
I try not to feel cold yet, get the shivers too soon.
And just... plunge.

Numerous memories engulf me.
Too many to remember.
They choke me, threaten to drown me.
The coldness eventually reaches and takes my heart.
I feel right at home.
Yes, I have been here before.

I still hold my breath.
Float a few feet deep in water.
I fear I shall stay too long - and sink.
Well, why not?

The curve of your hips, the rare firmness of your grip.
A bat of your lashes, those glaring angry flashes.
And when you smiled THAT smile -
- Yes, I shall stay in for a while.

The water does not drown me.
And yet too flooded my mind is.
Too much even for me.
Too much for one plunge.
And I say your name out loud -
- As I resurface.

A million ripples on water -
- Some master artwork - not disturbances.
This is how you take over my world.
With thoughts and memories.
With everlasting fragrances.
---
Thus it ends.

...

And oh! I forgot -
- The shivers!

No comments:

Post a Comment